6 Ways Failure Is As Important As Success

No one likes to fail. It feels bad. You might feel like giving up or blaming someone else or beating yourself up.

Yet, you might be surprised to hear that, many successful people are not just grateful for their past failures…

They ascribe their present success to having tried and failed in the past.

Here are six reasons to embrace your failures.

1. Failures are opportunities

To see failure as an opportunity is not putting a Pollyanna spin on reality.

It’s accepting that everyone fails and you can choose to learn from your mistakes or you can stay stuck in them.

Successful people see mistakes as an opportunity to learn and change course.

For example, say you want to lose twenty pounds.

To know that you’ll fall off the wagon if you see a chocolate jam donut is some useful information.

You can take steps to avoid the things that tempt you most and make it more likely that you’ll stick to your diet.

2. Failures show up your weaknesses

Whether it’s not being able to resist a cigarette if you’re in a social situation or finding you need more accountancy skills than you thought you did.

Failure - Forward Steps blog image_1If you can detach from the emotions of failure you can soon see where the leaks in your boat are and take steps to mend them.

3. Failure will make you resilient

One big lesson from trying and failing is finding out you can get right back up again and keep going.

You can admit that you tried and failed and use what you learned to build a better strategy to get to your goal. That’s a huge life lesson.

4. Failure will make you innovate

Failure can make you more inclined to try different strategies, to see risk in a different light.

Failure - Forward Steps blog image_3If you’re not afraid to fail, you’re more likely to try bold strategies and might just hit on something big!

5. Failure reminds you that you’re not alone

Believe it or not, failure can make you a better person.

Accepting failure as part of life will make you more empathic and less judgmental of others.

You’ll be more likely to help other people you see trying to make it and, in return, you will be more open to asking for and receiving help when you need it.

6. Failure will make you kinder to yourself

Seeing failure in its proper light will make you more forgiving of your flaws.

You’ll be less of a perfectionist and be less prone to self-doubt.

In turn, that will build your self-confidence and make you more likely to succeed!

Embrace failure, learn from it and use it as a stepping stone to success.

By the way…

If you ever want to share quote images in my posts, just click on the image and hover over the enlarged version to see lots of sharing options. I create them using Stencil

PLUS check out a few free gifts from my friends…Forward Steps Personal Development » 6 Ways Failure Is As Important As Success

8 comments for “6 Ways Failure Is As Important As Success

1. 2019/08/21 at 10:33

Thank you very much too, Mike. I appreciate you made the time to comment. Have a top week. Cheers, Thea

2. Mike
    2019/08/21 at 04:29

Thea I like what you did…Justin Popovic shared your case study.

Mike

3. 2019/05/16 at 16:08

Thank you, Virginia.

4. Virginia Reeves
    2019/05/16 at 05:32

Failures are proof that you are trying, stretching, taking risks, being willing to explore and learn. They are a part of everyone’s life. How you choose to react to these mis-takes or less than optimal result activities is what brings you down or encourages you to try again. As mentioned, be kind to yourself and take those new opportunities to innovate and increase your skills, thoughts, and beliefs.

5. 2019/04/22 at 11:47

Thank you very much, Steve. I do not use PLR too often and most of my content is not. Yet it does help me to save time or give something extra for my readers at those times I’m a bit pressed for content creation or time. It depends on the topics and when they seem relevant or beneficial to my site’s visitors. Justin does really great work and usually I’ll use his work in preference over anyone else’s e.g. https://www.forwardsteps.info/plrcasestudy Cheers, Thea

6. 2019/04/22 at 03:52

Hi Thea,
    Was just watching some PLR training on Justin Popovic’s site and he covered the work you did on transforming some PLR into your Blog. Had a look and like it a lot, very innovative.
    Keep up the good work,
    Steve.

7. 2019/03/28 at 09:33

Hey Aden! Yes, I remember, way back in 2011. Lovely to hear from you again. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some troubles. Glad to reconnect. Contact page and Affiliate page are all up above, in this blog’s navigation bar. Cheers, Thea

8. Aden
    2019/03/28 at 09:16

Hi Thea, it is nice to cross paths once again! I promoted your products many years ago until a particularly nasty life event put an end to that. I’ll have to get reacquainted – enjoyed it back then, certain to once again… Your website looks great.